Head of Paraplanning position available
Our clients place their financial futures in our hands, meaning they expect a lot from us and we expect a lot from our Paraplanners. Leading this team by example, you’ll be responsible for fostering excellence in everything that we communicate, advise and deliver.
Everyone at Clarion is empowered to hold themselves accountable for their work – so you’ll spend time leading, rather than managing.
Key Deliverables and Accountabilities
- Mentor, lead, manage and hold accountable other Paraplanners.
- Set & run department’s staff growth and development scheme.
- Maintain excellence and accuracy in all our client records.
- Prepare and follow up thoroughly on client meetings.
- High level management of client relationships.
- Sense check all client financial plans on an ongoing basis.
- Demand excellent minutes from the Advisor team – and then deliver all agreed follow up.
- Prepare compliant yet client-friendly suitability reports that are logical, client-friendly and, above all, offer the best advice.
- Form a lasting, trusting relationship with your clients based on service delivery.
- Pride yourself on having an in-depth knowledge of your clients’ circumstances and aims.
- Have a lateral view of the Clarion team, liaising with your clients’ other advisors, where necessary, to make the most strategically sound decisions.
- Ensure clients’ financial plans always ‘make sense.’
Our full job specification can be viewed below:
Culture, Values & Attitude
- Excellent alignment with Clarion values and culture. Considered and recognised alignment with Clarion’s vision and goals for the future – Essential.
- Genuine desire for a long-term career as part of a happy and motivated team, delivering fantastic service to clients – Essential.
- Believes that life is short and subscribes to the FARM definition of what makes a career great: Fun, Achievement, Recognition, Money – Essential.
- Wants to work in a (busy and beautiful) ‘non-city centre’ office location – Essential.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and electronic diary management skills – Essential.
- Advanced Excel skills – Desirable.
- Superb technical knowledge of financial services products – Essential.
- Be/ become a true expert in use of our chosen financial planning tools and software – Essential.
- Knowledge of financial planning, as distinct from financial advice – Essential.
MISKIS – Make it Simple, Keep it Simple.
- Strong interpersonal skills, to develop and maintain the trust and confidence of your clients – Essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with top notch spelling, punctuation and grammar – Essential.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills – Essential.
- Solutions orientated, rather than problems-focused – Essential.
- Highly organised, methodical, analytical and disciplined – Essential.
- Shows initiative and takes personal responsibility for completing tasks – Essential.
- Able to work within defined business processes – Essential.
- Adopts a positive attitude, willing to assist others when busy – Essential.
- Able to work under pressure on occasions to achieve deadlines – Essential.
- Meticulous attention to detail – Essential.
- Ability to achieve outcomes without supervision – Essential.
- Prioritise and plan own workload – Essential.
- At least 2 years working as a Paraplanner – Essential.
- At least 3 years working within a financial planning environment – Essential.
- Certificate in Paraplanning and Diploma in Financial Planning (or Regulated Financial Planning), or equivalent – Essential.
- Chartered Financial Planner – Desirable.
- Certified Financial Planner – Desirable.
Do you see yourself heading up our talented Paraplanning team? If so, Send your application, including a full CV, directly to Jonnie Whittle.