We’re on the lookout for a Paraplanner
At Clarion, we pride ourselves on providing best-in-class client relations. Our Paraplanners are crucial to us – and our valued clients – in being part of a team that delivers compliant, agile and leading financial plans.
You’ll live and breathe our mantra of “GWC” – do you get it, do you want it, have you got the capacity to do it?
We want to hear from you if you have:
- First class organisational and administrative skills to support the Head of Paraplanning, your fellow colleagues and our clients.
- Meticulous attention to detail, with the ability to keep financial records up to date.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, enabling effective communication between advisors and clients.
- A solid understanding of financial planning software.
- Excellent meeting preparation, minute taking and follow-up skills.
- A grasp – and a desire to develop that grasp – of the ‘bigger picture’ of financial planning.
- A natural empathy with clients, enabling you to plan according to their lifestyles, commitments and other pressures.
Please take time to read our full job specification below – and do get in touch if you feel this is the position for you:
Culture, Values & Attitude
- Excellent fit with Clarion values and culture. Considered and recognised alignment with Clarion’s vision and goals for the future – Essential.
- Genuine desire for a long-term career as part of a happy and motivated team, delivering fantastic service to clients – Essential.
- Believes that life is short and subscribes to the FARM definition of what makes a career great: Fun, Achievement, Recognition, Money – Essential.
- Wants to work in a (busy and beautiful) ‘non-city centre’ office location – Essential.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and electronic diary management skills – Essential.
- Advanced Excel skills – Essential.
- Superb technical knowledge of financial services products – Essential.
- Working knowledge of cashflow modelling tools – Essential.
- Be/ become a true expert in use of our chosen financial planning tools and software – Essential.
MISKIS – Make it Simple, Keep it Simple
- Strong interpersonal skills, to develop and maintain the confidence of your clients – Essential,
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with top notch spelling, punctuation and grammar – Essential,
- Solutions orientated: imaginative solutions to clients’ problems – Essential,
- Highly organised, methodical, analytical and disciplined – Essential,
- Shows initiative and takes personal responsibility for completing tasks – Essential,
- Able to work within defined business processes – Essential,
- Adopts a positive attitude, willing to assist others when busy – Essential,
- Able to work under pressure on occasions to achieve deadlines – Essential,
- Meticulous attention to detail – Essential,
- Ability to achieve outcomes without supervision – Essential,
- Demonstrable track record of delivering great service – Essential,
- Prioritise and plan own workload – Essential,
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Paraplanner – Essential.
- At least 3 years working within a financial planning environment – Essential.
- Certificate in Paraplanning and Diploma in Financial Planning (or Regulated Financial Planning), or equivalent – Essential.
- JO1 or RO3 – Taxation – Desirable.
- JO2 – Trusts – Desirable.
- Chartered Financial Planner – Desirable.
- Certified Financial Planner – Desirable.
Could you be our next Paraplanner? Send your application, including a full CV, directly to Jonnie Whittle.