We’re searching for a Technical Financial Planner
At Clarion, we pride ourselves on providing best-in-class advice and superb client relations. Our Technical Financial Planner will work closely with the Lead Advisor, to ensure all financial planning is organised and delivered in a compliant manner.
We’re looking for a top flight Technical Financial Planner, who can demonstrate:
Key Deliverables and Accountabilities
- Maintain excellence and accuracy in all our client records.
- Prepare and follow up thoroughly on client meetings.
- High level management of client relationships.
- Sense check all client financial plans on an ongoing basis.
- Superior client service, with excellent meeting minutes, follow-ups and recommendations.
- Meticulous attention to detail: you’ll make it your business to keep our client records impeccable.
- A knack of marrying up technical advice with compliant recommendations, in client-friendly language.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Empathy: you’ll have a passion for the details yet always keep an understanding of the bigger picture that is made up of your clients’ circumstances and pressures.
- Development of client financial plans constantly, to ensure they deliver the best return.
- Demonstrate aptitude in delivering sound advice to high net worth clients.
- Constantly seek and plan for growth: for your clients and for yourself!
- Ensure that your solid technical product knowledge is always adherent to compliance guidelines.
Our full job specification can be viewed below:
Culture, Values & Attitude
- Excellent alignment with Clarion values and culture. Considered and recognised alignment with Clarion’s vision and goals for the future – Essential.
- Genuine desire for a long-term career as part of a happy and motivated team, delivering fantastic service to clients – Essential.
- Believes that life is short and subscribes to the FARM definition of what makes a career great: Fun, Achievement, Recognition, Money – Essential.
- Wants to work in a (busy and beautiful) ‘non-city centre’ office location – Essential.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and electronic diary management skills – Essential.
- Advanced Excel skills – Essential.
- Superb technical knowledge of financial services products – Essential.
- Working knowledge of cashflow modelling tools – Essential.
- Be/ become a true expert in use of our chosen financial planning tools and software – Essential.
MISKIS – Make it Simple, Keep it Simple.
- Strong interpersonal skills, to develop and maintain the confidence of your clients – Essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with top notch spelling, punctuation and grammar – Essential.
- Solutions orientated: imaginative solutions to clients’ problems – Essential.
- Highly organised, methodical, analytical and disciplined – Essential.
- Shows initiative and takes personal responsibility for completing tasks – Essential.
- Able to work within defined business processes – Essential.
- Adopts a positive attitude, willing to assist others when busy – Essential.
- Able to work under pressure on occasions to achieve deadlines – Essential.
- Meticulous attention to detail – Essential.
- Ability to achieve outcomes without supervision – Essential.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering great service – Essential.
- Prioritise and plan own workload – Essential.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a CF30 role – Desirable.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Paraplanner – Desirable.
- At least 3 years working within a financial planning environment – Essential.
- Achieving, or close to achieving, Chartered or CFP status – Essential.
- Relevant qualification above Chartered or Certified – Desirable.
Could you be the Technical Financial Planner we’re looking for? Send your application, including a full CV, directly to Jonnie Whittle.